You are invited to join our volunteers and members of Barton Civic Society on its annual trip – to the Lincolnshire town of Grantham.
- Grade 1 listed Old Kings School which Isaac Newton attended
- Historic Market Place, Market Cross and the Old Conduit
- St Wulfram’s Church and the Trigg Library – maybe the oldest public library in the country.
- The Angel & Royal Hotel – one of the oldest inns in the country and visited by several kings – and a great place to buy lunch
- Grantham Museum with displays about Margaret Thatcher, Isaac Newton and special exhibitions including one about the Dambusters raids
Everything is within easy walking distance of our coach drop off, and there will be time to explore the shops and sites independently.
Tickets are £20 and can be booked at the Wilderspin National School Museum (01652 635172).
Departure 8.30am from the Wilderspin National School, Queen Street – free car parking available. Return by 5.30pm.